How to Obtain an ID Card
Rice University ID cards are issued to all students, faculty and staff as well as others in the Rice community upon request from an authorized Rice representative. There are several different types of ID cards, depending on your Rice affinity. Please select the appropriate category below to learn more about how to obtain your new Rice ID card.
- Students (FOR USE BY NEW INCOMING STUDENTS ONLY AT THIS TIME. ALL OTHER SUBMISSIONS WILL BE DENIED.)
- Faculty/Staff (coming soon)
- Visitors/Contractors (coming soon)
- Spouse/Dependents (coming soon)
- Retirees (coming soon)
- Community Affiliates - Rec Center, Tennis, etc. (coming soon)
- ESL Students (coming soon)
- College Associates (coming soon)
Note that in all cases, a valid government-issued photo ID must be presented in order to receive your Rice ID card. Examples of government-issued IDs are:
- Driver’s license (US only)
- State issued ID card
- US Military ID card
- INS ID (Green card)
All identifications need to include full name, date of birth, a photo, and a future expiration date. This validation is a Rice University security requirement. You will not be able to pick up your ID card without identification. The name on your University ID card must match your legal name as shown on the government-issued ID.