Open Records Request

How do I make an Open Records request?

Requests for public information regarding Rice University Police records should be directed to the RUPD Public Information Officer:
Public Information Officer
Rice University Police Department MS-551
6100 Main St.
Houston, Texas 77005
(Fax) 713-348-5156

Requests via email at:

Requests can also be made in person at the Rice University Police Department during normal University Business Hours excluding University Holidays:

Monday – Friday 8 AM to 5 PM

For more information on Open Records please visit the Texas Attorney General’s website at:

The following form is available for optional use to make an Open Records Request: RUPD Open Records Request Form